Experience the benefits of electric drive technology with a conversion solution from your local Valley® dealer. Convert your pivot to a reliable electric drive with Genuine Valley Parts, including: drive train, alignment, pivot controls and low-pressure sprinkler packages. Each provides added convenience and versatility while reducing labor and energy costs.
- Electric drive center pivots use up to 75% less energy (depending on speed) than hydraulic drive pivots.
- The oil hydraulic pumping unit must provide a constant 1,750-1,800 PSI operating pressure, no matter the speed.
- Electric drive center pivots provide power to the machine only when needed, reducing your overall energy costs.
Conversion Cost Savings
- When you switch to electric from hydraulic drive center pivots, you could save from $6,000-$25,000.*
- Savings from lowering your sprinkler operating pressure by 20-40 PSI can range from $600 – $3,500** per year.
* When compounded at 6% over 15 years. Depending on speed, length, hours, and other operating conditions.
** Depending on energy type and cost, water flow rate, and other operating conditions.
All dollar amounts are in $USD and based on North American energy costs.